ASSE Columbia-Willamette Chapter Leadership Award
Walter G. Thorsell Memorial Scholarship Fund
Honoring Jack Durkin, Thomas McMahon and Walter Thorsell
The purpose of these funds is to provide educational aid to deserving students who are enrolled in an institution of higher education and are seeking degrees in disciplines preparatory to a career in occupational safety, health and/or environmental science (SHE). Applicants enrolled in an associate degree program will be considered for the Leadership Award. Applicants enrolled in a bachelor degree program will be considered for both the Thorsell and Leadership awards.
- Candidates must be matriculated at an institution of higher education in an associate or bachelor degree program related to occupational safety, health and/or environmental science.
- Candidates must have completed at least one term of study in a SHE related program.
- Candidates must have maintained a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 prior to selection.
- Candidates must be an active member of a student section of ASSE or be a student member of ASSE and participate in professional chapter/section activities if no student section is on campus.
- Candidates must be legal residents of Oregon or Washington.
- A demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the field of occupational safety, health and/or environmental science.
- A statement of interest in the field.
- Participation in an ASSE student section or professional chapter/section.
- Financial need (this will not be the determining factor except when all other qualifications are equal).
Deadline for Applications is July 31st, 2014
How to Obtain an Application
Please use one of the links below to download the application.
For more information, contact the Development Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org