Walter G. Thorsell Scholarship
The purpose of this fund is to provide educational aid to deserving students who are enrolled in an institution of higher education seeking an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in disciplines preparatory to a career in occupational safety, health and/or environmental science (SHE).
- Candidates must be matriculated at an institution of higher education in a program related to occupational safety, health and/or environmental science.
- Candidates must have at least one term of study in a SHE related program.
- Candidates must have maintained a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 prior to selection.
- Candidates must be an active member of a student section of ASSE or participate in professional chapter/section activities if no student section is on campus.
- U.S. Citizenship, residents of Oregon or Washington.
- A demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the field of occupational safety, health and/or environmental science.
- A statement of interest in the field.
- Contribution to an ASSE student section or professional chapter/section.
- Financial need (this will not be the determining factor except when all other qualifications are equal).
How to Obtain an Application Packet
Deadline for Submitting Applications: No applications will be accepted after April 30th. All scholarships will be awarded by June 30th.